Acton High School – ASPIRE
The school has a clear vision for everyone:
Working Together to Build Bright Futures.
To be a centre of excellence where all students gain the qualifications, skills and experiences necessary for them to maximise their potential. The school of first choice for the local community where all can fulfil their dreams and aspirations. A place where young people are put in charge of their lives and their futures as engaged citizens and leaders of the future.
We shall achieve this through:
- High quality, inspirational and innovative teaching and learning.
- Inspirational and accountable leadership at all levels.
- Challenging all staff to consider: would this be good enough for your child?
- Expecting and supporting all staff and students to achieve at all times and in all that they do.
- Ensuring that we all seek to excel in all that we do.
- Ensuring that every member of the school community stands together in all aspects of school life. We take responsibility for ourselves and each other at all times.
- Investing in and developing the skills and expertise of all staff.
- Demanding that students are ready to learn and take responsibility for themselves at all times.
- Consistently applied high standards in all school operations.
- Developing the perseverance and resilience of all students.
- Providing a wide range of exciting and memorable experiences both inside and outside the classroom.
- Developing and delivering a curriculum that meets the needs of all students and ensures that they can imagine and secure their futures as leaders.
- Ensuring we provide a safe, secure and caring culture of respect in which to work and learn.
- Providing first class resources and state of the art facilities to support learning.
- Working closely with the local community to ensure all benefit from Acton High School.
Further details of Acton High's ASPIRE vision, including the behaviour management policy based on it and our Code of Conduct, are available to download in the PDF below.