Computing and ICT
Computing and ICT capability is an essential skill for life and enables learners to participate in a rapidly changing world. Computing and ICT is designed to equip young people with the ability to use technological tools to find, explore, analyse, exchange, and present information in a variety of contexts. The effective use of Computing and ICT also enhances the learning power of students by developing their creative and thinking skills, collaboration and independent learning.
The Computing and ICT department is committed to:
- Ensure that all students become confident and competent users of Computers and ICT;
- Motivating and exciting students about the possibilities that Computing and ICT has to offer;
- Guide individuals to become independent and inter–dependent users of Computers and ICT;
- Introduce and develop students’ ability in understanding and writing coding;
- Support students in all aspects of their learning to achieve their potential;
- Develop the students’ abilities in computational thinking;
- Maximise the use of our Computer and ICT resources.
Homework is set according to the independent learning policy. Students are asked to record details of homework in their planners.